The EAS is a relatively simple and flexible kits to install. Having only 4 main components (mics, speakers, amplification board and battery pack) connected with plenty of wire means that you have lots of options with regard to installation. Here are a few installation examples from folks using the EAS.
My Speaker Installation Method
This is the method I used to wrap my speakers for comfort and install them in my helmet. The only difference between these photos and my installation is that I hot-glued my speakers to the helmet, as opposed to using Velcro.
- Foam is glued to the back of the speaker. Use the thickness of foam that is most appropriate to place the speaker directly against your ear when wearing the helmet.
- Get some cloth.. the softer the better! I used an old T-shirt
- Tack some of the cloth to the edge of the foam with hot glue
- Glue the remainder of the cloth to the edge of the foam.
- Neatly trim the excess cloth and glue down any puckers or folds
- Speaker is wrapped. Just attach them to the insides of your helmet and you’re set!